
I think that we do have to be concerned about killing innocent people with the death penalty. The jury does not always convict the right person. People can be convicted on faulty information or they can be framed. The Death Penalty Information Center says that since 1973 over 130 people who were sentenced to death were found innocent before they're death date. These people were then released. If 139 people have been found innocent it makes you wonder how many other people are innocent. Although it might seem really convincing at the time, the person being convicted of a crime might not be guilty.
As shown in the chart many other people also think that people who are innocent have been charged with the death penalty. Killing an innocent person is a crime and without extremely incriminating evidence we should not be able to. The consequences of killing the wrong person is that the person who did do the crime could still be out there.
I thought this was a really good blog. I loved how instead of putting your quote into parenthesis you actually incorporated it into the sentence, it helped it flow a lot better. The only mistake in this was that you said 130 and then you refrenced it again as 139 people being innocent. So i didnt know how many people it really was but it was just a minor mistake. Overall this was an amazing blog and I thought the picture and the placement of the picture went well with the blog.
ReplyDelete